[kde-freebsd] Re: Amarok fails to start after package rebuild

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Tue Mar 22 15:56:21 CET 2011

On 03/22/2011 15:23, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Jan Henrik Sylvester<me at janh.de>  writes:
>
>> I have written a patch that seems to work... rather hackish since I
>> have never used either qt or mysql, but good enough, I guess.
>>
>> Can the file attached be put into audio/amarok-kde4/files/?
>
> The patch does not apply in amarok master, as the mysql_server_init call
> has been changed to mysql_library_init.
>
> Can you check if it needs to be changed so I can test it here?

I do not really understand. My patch is supposed to be for the current
official audio/amarok-kde4 port (2.4.0) and it works for me.

You are trying to test against a newer amarok version -- what should I
check about that?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-library-init.html has the
same calling semantics as the now deprecated
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-server-init.html and from
the examples listed there, it should take server_args of the same kind.

Hence, my patch should have the same effect, if mysql_server_init is
substituted for mysql_library_init, but I am currently not going to test
a newer version of amarok.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik