[kde-freebsd] Re: FBSD 8.2R can't startx KDE4-4.5.5

Pongthep Kulkrisada ptkrisada at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:34:37 CET 2011

* Alberto Villa (avilla at freebsd.org) wrote:
> if the problem is with startx, then you really want to ask to x11@, as they
> are far more experienced with xorg stuff

Thanks for your kind response.
You are right, it does not start GNOME either.
It should be an xorg issue.
Shall I ask xorg at lists.freedesktop.org?
But it is FreeBSD-specific anyway.
Please you recommend.

I haven't mentioned that FBSD 8.2R does not detect my sound card.
# kldload snd_driver
It results many warnings and the speakers are still quiet.

While running startx, many warnings about pulseaudio appear at /dev/ttyv0.
It happens for both startx KDE or GNOME.
So I guess that without sound driver being loaded into the kernel,
window manager will not start.

Lastly, if my question is not relevant to this list, I'm very sorry.

--
Pongthep Kulkrisada

Please help donate to Japan.
-- for earthquake, tsunami and nuclear radiation reliefs (2011)