[kde-freebsd] Re: icon for optical disk

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 10 12:32:02 CET 2011

On Thursday 10 March 2011 08:07:41 Andriy Gapon wrote:
> The function expects that for optical disks "info.category" would be
> "volume" and "info.capabilities" would contain "volume.disc".
> But our hal gives "volume.disc" value in the info.category property as I
> can see with lshal.  And thus the match fails and an empty icon name is
> returned from the function.
> I've just double-checked with OpenSUSE installation that I have and
their
> hal supplies the values that the solid code expects.

i'm not sure if that is supposed to be correct. this is from doc/spec/hal-
spec-properties.xml:

<entry>
  <literal>info.category</literal> (string)
</entry>
<entry>example: storage.cdrom</entry>
<entry>No</entry>
<entry>The prominent capability describing what the device is</entry>

googling for info.category examples, though, reveals only simple words
for it on linux (volume, storage...). a linuxism, maybe?

i'll try to get our hal behave as in linux, and we'll see
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

At work, the authority of a person is inversely proportional to the
number of pens that person is carrying.