[kde-freebsd] Re: From a request at the Forums 2

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:45:00 CET 2011

Schaich Alonso <alonsoschaich at gmx.de> writes:

> I've also readt the request for contributors to kde@ in the Forums. I don't
> have much bandwidth so I disqualify as packager I guess, but since I've been
> programming C/C++ for more then a decade and also frequently used Qt-4 over
> the last few years ( though, I never made own ports or kde based apps ) maybe
> there's other ways I could help.

Hi there,

You don't need a lot of bandwidth to help with the KDE-related ports --
you download the distfiles once and then just work on them.

Documentation and user helping is something important we tend to
neglect.

However, since you seem to want to help with development, I can think of
some other ways we could use some new blood:

  * Making sure upstream works fine on FreeBSD -- you can run KDE trunk
and make sure it works (ie builds and runs) fine on FreeBSD;

  * Go through the PRs and mails in this mailing list to see if anything
needs to be done on the KDE side or on the FreeBSD side.

As always, you can just watch the environment for a while and pick up
what you find most interesting.