[kde-freebsd] Re: KDE 4.6.0

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 8 00:35:58 CET 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 00:03:47 Olivier Smedts wrote:
> And I don't know if that's thanks to your rc.d script rework, but now
> I don't have to set LANG in this script any more. Before that, my kde
> session was only half-localized without LANG in the rc.d/kdm4 script.

well, i don't remember exactly, but i removed some useless parts which
could have helped. but no, probably not

> - I choose my mixer with hw.snd.default_unit, without hal I only have
> "OSS default output" as device in phonon (kmix still displays all the
> mixers). Oh and, btw, when I was using hald I didn't have "default" in
> my sound devices.

you were probably using xine backend... default came out with
gstreamer, for me (btw, i also use hw.snd.default_unit, and i then need
to select default in phonon settings)

> I look forward to test your devd solid backend as soon as it's possible !

eh... it won't be quick... but thanks for the support :)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

When there is an old maid in the house, a watch dog is unnecessary.
		-- Honore de Balzac