[kde-freebsd] Re: KDE 4.6.0

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 7 16:12:30 CET 2011

On Monday 07 March 2011 16:03:05 David Naylor wrote:
> This is the term kdm used.  I assume that my KDE 4.5.4 KDE session did
not
> have the same name as the KDE 4.6.0 one.  It was a one time thing (and
may
> be specific to my setup).

a one time thing is acceptable

> I would like to point out that my sound never stopped working.  Just a
> message about lost sound cards.

that's fine. another good reason to ask for a screenshot of phonon
audio devices list. it will help with documentation

> I have also been having crashes with plasma-desktop, related to
kevent (or
> kevent was in traceback).  Alas I don't have debug information
compiled in
> and thus do not have a proper traceback (or even the cause of the
crash).

yes, i have them as well, especially at logout. i read somewhere that
some plasma crashes have been fixed in 4.6.1... i'm about to test this as
well
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.