[kde-freebsd] Re: [REVIEW] ksysguard (aka System Monitor) improvements (take 1)

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Sat Mar 5 01:22:00 CET 2011

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 16:20:06 David Naylor wrote:
> I have been working on improving the coverage of ksysguard's
sensors.
> There is still lots of work to be done but I would like feedback for what
> has already been coded.

wonderful job! i've finally found some time to test it and it works
perfectly. i'll attach this to 4.6.1!

only one thing: is this output at ksysguardd startup expected?
http://pastebin.com/6nX0MHfW

> I have added sensors for:
>  - cpu temperature (as reported by coretemp and amdtemp)

whoohoo!

> I would like to create a port for just ksysguardd.  This will allow remote
> monitoring of computers without requiring the installation of
kdebase4-
> workspace (a very big port with many dependancies).

i'll do this

thanks a lot!
we'll try to let users know this when 4.6.1 hits the tree, so that any
problems will hopefully come out
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

In matters of principle, stand like a rock;
in matters of taste, swim with the current.
		-- Thomas Jefferson