[kde-freebsd] Re: kompmgr broken... what to do?

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 4 03:58:57 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 March 2011 14:14:00 Marc André Paquin wrote:
> can I go back to an option screen to deactivate this feature or is it
> mandatory for the build?

i think it's mandatory

> Am I stuck with no kde3 until the port is repaired? and if so, an idea
> of how long?

unfortunately, we're not going to fix the problem. kde 3 is
unmaintained upstream, and it looks like it has just become too old to
survive (at a quick look, the problem seems to be an incompatibility with
the new xorg). your best chance is finding some kde 3 advanced user
willing to fix it (but more problems will likely come out) - there is a
thread on ports@, "KDE3?", you might be interested in - or rolling your
ports tree back to 8.2-RELEASE tag - which, i *guess*, might work -, and
not updating anymore...

but, to be honest, i think you should upgrade to kde 4

> Thanks!

sorry
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

... A solemn, unsmiling, sanctimonious old iceberg who looked like he
was waiting for a vacancy in the Trinity.
		-- Mark Twain