[kde-freebsd] Re: Call for test: KDE PIM 4.6.0

Hannes h2+lists2011 at fsfe.org
Wed Jun 15 21:25:31 CEST 2011

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2011, 12:16:15 schrieb Alberto Villa:
> While KDE SC 4.6.4 makes his debut in the ports tree, we decided not
> to push KDE PIM 4.6.0, and keep the stable 4.4.11.1 a little longer.
> Nonetheless, we encourage you all brave people (well, it’s stable
> software, you don’t really need to be brave… but, as a FreeBSD user,
> you surely are) to install 4.6.0 from area51 -
> http://freebsd.kde.org/area51.php - and report your experience, and
> maybe we’ll eventually gain the assurance that it’s ready for our
> worldwide userbase.
>
> To merge area51 to ports you need to run:
> # <path to area51>/Tools/scripts/kdemerge -m /usr/ports
>
> C’mon!
>
> http://blogs.freebsdish.org/avilla/2011/06/14/call-for-tests-kde-
> pim-4-6-0

LOL, its still kind of broken, but I got it to work somehow:
1) Install new KDEPIM
2) Start KMail
3) Be presented with the migration wizard, tell it to start
4) It successfully migrats both IMAP-Accounts but fails on the local
folder
5) KMail then starts and loads the contents of *one* of the imap-
accounts, lists the other one twice (but with empty folders) and then
gives me a message, that it crashed and will quit.
6) Curiously, if I behave like a Windows user and just push away the
error, KMail works, i.e. I can browse through one of the IMAPs (modal
criticals, WTF?)
7) Then I quit and restart the migration wizard from command line with
"--interactive"
8) It tells me that the two imaps were previously correctly migrated and
that it will now migrate the local folder which apperantly succeeds.
9) I start KMail again, it doesn't give me the crash warning, but
everything else is the same (one imap works, the other is listed twice
with empty folders, the local folders are empty aswell, obviously it
didnt migrate the mail)
10) I go to settings, which still takes more than 20s to load.
11) I add a new imap-ressource (the one that is currently listed twice,
but empty) and click ok.
12) Some vodoo happens, all sorts of nepumuk and/strigi stuff pops up in
the systray and dissappears again
13) I see the new ressource added and actually see some folders loading
their unread count.
14) CPU-Usage goes to max, top tells me the akonadi_nepomuk_email_feeder
is going crazy
15) I wait for about ten minutes, KMail starts to react again, I can
actually browse this list's folder!
16) I send this E-Mail, if you can read, it seems to work
[more news, once I've done more extensive testing]

Maybe we should tell people just not migrate, but resetup thir accounts?
Its probably easier that way...

Regards,
Hannes