[kde-freebsd] Re: ports/157637: [patch] devel/kdesdk3 devel/kdesdk4 and other kde@ maintained ports build with subversion-freebsd

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 6 22:40:10 CEST 2011

The following reply was made to PR ports/157637; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Olli Hauer <ohauer at FreeBSD.org>
To: Max Brazhnikov <makc at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, ohauer at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/157637: [patch] devel/kdesdk3 devel/kdesdk4 and other kde@
 maintained ports build with subversion-freebsd
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 22:30:09 +0200

 On 2011-06-06 09:48, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
 > Hi Olli,
 >
 > How many ports are affected by this and have you considered other solutions,
 > e.g. to introduce USE_SUBVERSION knob?

 Hi Max,

 all in all I can find ~90 ports which have subversion as
 LIB|RUN|BUILD|FETCH depends.

 I think you are right, the best way is to write a dedicated
 Mk/bsd.svn.mk file and then teach all those ports to use
 some new knobs USE_SVN|RUN|BUILD|FETCH ...

 I will start with this in (hopefully) near time so please close the PR.

 Regards,
  olli