[kde-freebsd] KDE meta-port fails due to conflict with dialog.h

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Sun Jul 24 11:08:06 CEST 2011

Hello!

Few months ago I moved from Linux to PCBSD-9.0 running on x86_64. At the moment
I use XFCE and didn't use KDE since 1.x time, although in the meantime I did
use GNOME, LXDE, plain Xmonad and for a very brief time E17.

XFCE is nice, but not so light any longer and I'm worried about their
Linux-only marching and that's why I've decided to try current KDE hoping that
its devs won't neglect FreeBSD desktop.

Too bad, my 1st attempt to build KDE failed. :-(

Here is the log from the kdebindings problem:

http://pastebin.com/T5Cb4THJ

There is some conflict with dialog.h

[...]

/usr/local/include/dialog.h:28:21: error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory

[...]

I've uninstalled some gtk12 apps which were using that header and now build is
proceeding, but I hope it's something which should be fixed in the KDE build.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)