[kde-freebsd] Re: Problems compiling koffice-kde4

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 04:59:37 CEST 2011

On Thursday 14 July 2011 14:44:05 Axel Gonzalez wrote:
> While compiling koffice:
>
> -- wv2 depends on a modern iconv installation, supporting UNICODELITTLE and
> -- UNICODEBIG. The detected iconv version doesn't support these conversions.
[snip]
> The compile stage works, but the link fails (cmake change?)
>
> Since the compile fails, wv2 module is disabled.
>
> Removing the TRY_RUN/IF should make this work, but how to make it in a port-
> friendly way ?

This should have been fixed by commits 7443 and 7445 in area51 (7444 and 7445
fix calligra), which should be added to the ports tree.

In short (for future reference), the CMake check in KOffice (and in Calligra)
called try_run and did not pass iconv's include directory and libraries to it,
so it only worked if iconv was installed into /usr or another path
automatically searched by the compiler.

There was a sed in the Makefile which was supposed to fix it, but this should
not be solved with a sed (it's difficult to read and also wrong, as cmake
calls the compiler and the linker separately).

I've also sent this patch upstream [1][2].

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101951/
[2] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/101952/