[kde-freebsd] Re: ETA 4.6

Hannes list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Sat Jan 29 15:03:00 CET 2011

On Saturday 29 January 2011 12:38:14 Dima Panov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> 29.01.2011, 22:30, "Hannes" <list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de>:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I know these questions are not famous, and I am not asking to bug
> > you, I just have a system that needs updating and isn't too fast,
> > so I am pondering whether to update now or wait a few days.
> > Do you think a few days is realistic or is it more like a week+ ?
> > Then I would just upgrade now…
> >
> > Thanks for your porting efforts!
>
> KDE 4.6.0 and company will hit the ports after 7.4/8.2 release and
> complete portstree unfreeze. If you want try, user area51 test repo
> (http://freebsd.kde.org/area51.php)

Indeed I forgot about the ports-freeze. Kind of unhandy that kde-
releases always correlate with ports-freezes. The whole 6months-release
cycle for FreeBSD seems to always result in a long freeze before a
release and then everything breaking after it :S

Anyway I will go with area51 as I have done previously. However I seem
to be on an outdated branch, after an update it stell says
fbsdmain# make -V KDE4_VERSION
4.5.5

How do I get the 4_6-branch? http://freebsd.kde.org seems to be offline…

Thanks for your help,