[kde-freebsd] Problem with fullscreen video in KDE 4.5.5

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Sat Jan 15 05:06:27 CET 2011

Hi all,

Since upgrading to KDE 4.5.5 (I'm on 8.1-RELEASE with fully up-to-date ports)
none of my video players can go fullscreen. I've tried mplayer, vlc and
dragonplayer.

If I use TWM, I can go fullscreen. Has anyone else seen similar behavior?

If I turn off compsiting (I use nvidia-driver) it gets weird. When I select
fullscreen, nothing happens, until I try to move the still-small window. Then
the window becomes the whole screen (but still has a window border.)

Cheers,
DMK