[kde-freebsd] {Spam?} kdebindings-ruby bug

Rick rick at kooleconsulting.nl
Sat Jan 8 21:40:08 CET 2011

Directed here since kde at freebsd was mentioned as maintainer of the port. I'm
running 8.1-release AMD64 generic with Qt-4.7.1.

I compiled qt-ruby-2.1.0 from source as I couldn't get the port to properly
work on ruby19. I'm was wondering whether you have seen the following bug in
the port too;

When trying to write a Qt::ByteArray to a Qt::TcpSocket (just
tcpSock.write(bytArr)  it crashes with:
" test.rb:40: in `method missing': cannot handle 'long long' as return-type of
QIODevice::write (ArgumentError)"

I've also noticed that the seek function of Qt::DataStream with a
Qt::ByteArray doesn't work. It too returns a qint64, but can't be found when
trying to use it (it does show up in the Buffer.methods list).

Are you aware of any structural qtruby/freebsd8 issues with the qint64 types?

Rick