[kde-freebsd] Re: Problems with automounting USB stick

Jason E. Hale bsdkaffee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 12:48:39 CET 2011

On Monday, February 21, 2011 05:50:23 Alberto Villa wrote:
> if you're using kde you don't need to edit policykit.conf by hand, because
> polkit or policykit (whether you're using 4.6 or not) will handle that (if
> you have procfs mounted)

I do use KDE 4 and I have procfs mounted, but I still need those extra lines
in PolicyKit.conf for my devices to mount in KDE.  Otherwise, they will either
not show up at all in the device manager when attached or I would get errors
like the OP was getting.  I just did a little test with an unmodified
PolicyKit.conf and was unable to mount my USB hard drive.  I start KDE with
startx, however, I don't use KDM.

- Jason