[kde-freebsd] Re: [CFT] KDE SC 4.6.0 for FreeBSD.

Hannes list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Tue Feb 1 00:17:39 CET 2011

Hi miwi,

ok here are my test result

**BUILD STAGE**

I did a pkg_delete -a, reinstalled xorg and qt4 from packages and then
built most of kde by "make install clean".

Issues:
- kdebase4-workspace and nepomukcontroller are not make_jobs_safe
although they claim to be
- kdepim4 wants libassuan.1, but the port only provides .0 (manually
changing the Makefile solved this)
- kdebase4-runtime did not install in kdeprefix, but into to
localbase. Curiosly a make deinstall reinstall fixed this, with some
file leftovers for me to clean up
-phonon master site is wrong (it lacks /src/ in the end)

** RUN STAGE**

Most things seem to work pretty well, only issue so far is that I
can't make kmail run. It starts the kmail migration wizard thingee,
which successfully migrates all my ressources. When I click Ok the
migration wizard dissappears, but Kmail doesn't open. ps ax shows both
kmail and the migration tool running invisible in the background. I
tried killing both and starting again, but to no avail. The migration
manager opens again, tells me that everything is already migrated and
that i am ready to go...
I do not want to reset my settings since I have lots of complicated
filters set up and my aggregation and list view are heavily
customized...

Oh and all the apps give me:
kmail-migrator(31594)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Unable to find an
appropriate lock to guard the shared cache.  This *should* be
essentially impossible. :(
kmail-migrator(31594)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Unable to perform initial
setup, this system probably does not really support process-shared
pthreads or semaphores, even though it claims otherwise

I hope this information helps, thanks for you porting efforts!

Regards,
Hannes