[kde-freebsd] Printer not available in apps

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 29 16:16:21 UTC 2011

On Monday 29 August 2011 18:06:57 Adam Vande More wrote:
> I ran across this issue when installing a new printer on a relatively
> recent build of kde4(kde4-4.6.5).
>
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=25080
>
> If nothing else, to me this seems to be at least a POLA violation.

the qt4 options framework hasn't changed since years. i suspect you
had that set in the past, or you had installed qt4 via packages (they
install cups support by default)

i'd like to replace QT4_OPTIONS with normal OPTIONS: that would make
easier for users to choose if they want it. unfortunately it is not a trivial
task, and i had yet no time to look into it. i know the solution, it's just a
problem of time. maybe i'll try to find some when porting qt 4.8. how
would you consider a CUPS option in qt4-gui port?

and please, could you post a link to this thread on the forums, so that
interested users can follow the discussion?
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Real Time, adj.:
	Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only occurs there
	and then.