[kde-freebsd] Tales of FreeBSD porting: KDE 4.7 and Telepathy-KDE

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 25 23:18:46 UTC 2011

It’s time for another roadmap. And let’s make it fast.

What’s keeping KDE 4.7 still out of FreeBSD? Well, the high number of
tarballs (and thus ports) in which it was split for this release. Actually
they’re not too much, but they require a deep scan to update
dependencies. We’ll probably be ready for a Call for tests in few days,
and we would even like to provide test packages to make the process
easier and get more feedback!
KDE PIM 4.7 will also be available, but I guess it won’t be ready to be
committed along with other ports. Let’s hope in a mature 4.7.1!

Meanwhile, as a bonus, you’re free to test the first release of
Telepathy-KDE:
# <path to area51>/Tools/scripts/kdemerge -m /usr/ports
# make install -C /usr/ports/net-im/telepathy-kde

http://blogs.freebsdish.org/avilla/2011/08/26/tales-of-freebsd-porting-
kde-4-7-and-telepathy-kde
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Soap and education are not as sudden as a
massacre, but they are more deadly in the long run.
		-- Mark Twain