[kde-freebsd] KOffice 2.3.3 | kword problems | cursor doesn't select text

Alvaro Castillo gobledb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:50:35 UTC 2011

Select text with cursor on kword doesn't work (no select nothing)

http://pastie.org/private/dwict9wzlxezmetal8u9wg

I searched on Google and some Linux users has got this problem too.
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=94619

As far as I know this bug is fixed in KOffice master (in git) and has
been for some time.
KOffice should be released with KDE 4.7, but some people in the kde
release team are being overly political about it and won't let this
important bugfix reach users just yet.
Hang in there, we'll get the fixed version to users soon! In the mean
time you can compile koffice from git if you want to live dangerously

Just in case, though it will be fix it (I think so).
For what you have in mind and that happens.

Cheers!