[kde-freebsd] Re: build error report for qt4-sql

Ewout Boks ewout at boks.com
Fri Apr 22 11:55:30 CEST 2011

Op Zo, 17 april, 2011 11:16 pm, schreef Raphael Kubo da Costa:
> Ewout Boks <ewout at boks.com> writes:
>
>> Op 12 apr 2011, om 15:41 heeft Raphael Kubo da Costa het volgende
>> geschreven:
>>
>>> Please keep the list CC'ed.
>>>
>> I did. Nobody answere, nor was my posting put on the list as far as I
>> can tell.
>>
>> Do you have any clue what is going wrong? It seems to happen to QT and
>> Mozilla stuff. The rest of my ports compile without errors.
>
> CC'ing the list once again.
>
> The last message in the thread was from you, and you reported this was
> probably a problem lower in the stack, as you had problems compiling
> Firefox as well. Given that the problem did not really look directly
> related to KDE, I thought you were going to try to ask somewhere else
> about the gcc problem.
>
> Do you happend to have some unusual compiler configuration on this
> machine (such as a gcc that's not the one from base, for example)? Does
> compiling a very simple program with g++ also fail?
>
> It really looks like c++ is actually gcc instead of g++ in your machine.

Hi Raphael,

I found the problem. the configure script would test the validity of the
c++ compiler, and as load path for the library it would state
"-L/usr/local/lib" . As it happened, a very old libstdc++ archive library
was there and ld would look no further (to /usr/lib for libstdc++.so.6).
This resulted in a large number of missing references whicch weren't in
the old library. Removing the library would enable me to recompile all
other C++ based ports (such as Firefox) as well without errors.

Thanks for your help! My students depend on the server and this was a
problem for us.

Ewout Boks