[kde-freebsd] Re: start kde fails after reboot

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Mon Apr 18 14:00:00 CEST 2011

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:03:01 +0200, Alberto Villa wrote:

> On Sunday 17 April 2011 21:21:56 Rusty Nejdl wrote:
>
>> That's what Konsole pops out before closing immediately on a
>> completely
>> brand new blank user.
>
> those warnings *should not* be harmful, but i'll have another look to
> be
> sure
> anyway, this might be the same as
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=23160 [1]

Alberto,

Well, I switched back my normal account with a renamed .local and .kde4
directory.  My normal account runs TCSH as the shell.  Konsole runs fine
there but fails when I try an account using /bin/sh.  Both accounts use
this:

[tethys]:/home/test> more .xinitrc
exec /usr/local/kde4/bin/startkde

Hope that helps.