[kde-freebsd] Re: kde media eject ui

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 5 20:15:58 CEST 2011

on 05/04/2011 20:16 Alberto Villa said the following:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2011 19:05:03 Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> There are few options to implement this, yes.
>> I like your proposal.  Another idea is a two-phase eject button: one click
>> and it unmounts, another click and it ejects. There should be a visual
>> clue as to what is going to happen.
>
> but that means adding a click = slower, and less intuitive (i use to lose any
> interest in the unmount button after pressing it, and i'm not the only one
> i guess)

Yes.  But that should suite you well.  The media would be unmounted and safe to
remove.  But if you really want to eject it (get CD tray open, get your iPod
usable), then you will have all the clues (tray closed, iPod "locked") to press
the button for the second time :-)
And about the second click - it's not as bad if you consider that with CD tray
open you have to do a bunch of other actions to pick a disc from the tray, shove
it into some case, etc.

But well, we are designing something that may never come to exist :)
--
Andriy Gapon