[kde-freebsd] Menu Updating Tool

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Sun Sep 19 17:37:10 CEST 2010

I got curious about this, so I did some digging. According to the following
link:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=126902874614160&w=2

The developers at kde.org decided to remove the KAppFinder application from
kdebase and move it into "KDE Extra Gear" which isn't a package by itself but
a group of "extra" stuff that is widely used even if not part of the official
KDE SC.

Looking around, it appears that while the removal happened, a new KDE Extra
Gear "port" was not. And this is all at the KDE level. Our awesome KDE-freebsd
team has nothing to do with this being missing... it's all at the kde.org
level.

Cheers,
DMK