[kde-freebsd] QFilesSystemWatcher instead of polling/FAM

Tijl Coosemans tijl at coosemans.org
Sun Sep 19 12:52:03 CEST 2010

On Sunday 19 September 2010 07:51:43 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> At Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:09:48 +0200, Alberto Villa wrote:
>> so, we've been successfully testing this for a while. it's working
>> for me too, and i was the last one to have some doubts. since i'm
>> going to update kdelibs to support kshareddatacache, wouldn't it be
>> an occasion to ship this patch too (also qt4-corelib's one, of
>> course)?
>
> If everything is working fine with the patch, wouldn't it be nice to
> upstream it? I remember Tijl sent a merge request for the Qt part
> (how is it going, by the way?), but I haven't seen the KDE part being
> sent yet :)

Progress on the Qt part is slow. My patch exposed a bug in the qfsw
unit test and fixing that exposed bugs in another qfsw backend. Every
time I update my patch it takes several weeks to get a Qt developer to
look at it, because this isn't exactly a high profile part of Qt and
they're busy getting 4.7 out.

I haven't submitted the KDE part yet, because it doesn't work without
the Qt part.