[kde-freebsd] QFilesSystemWatcher instead of polling/FAM

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 18 19:09:48 CEST 2010

On Friday 25 June 2010 18:37:53 Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> I've attached a patch that makes KDE use QFileSystemWatcher on
FreeBSD
> which uses kqueue instead of stat. I've been using it for the past few
> days and it seems to work rather well.

so, we've been successfully testing this for a while. it's working for me
too, and i was the last one to have some doubts. since i'm going to
update kdelibs to support kshareddatacache, wouldn't it be an occasion
to ship this patch too (also qt4-corelib's one, of course)?
--
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD Committer <avilla at FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.
		-- Calvin Coolidge