[kde-freebsd] Can't use KMail, akonadi not starting

Jerry kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Mon Sep 6 14:27:01 CEST 2010

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 22:59:49 -0400
david at usermode.org <david at usermode.org> articulated:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 12:41:15 +1100, Dima Panov <fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru>
> wrote:
> > Please update, fix for akonadi was committed to ports tree some
> > hours
> ago.
>
> Oh, I must have just missed it. Will try again tomorrow morning.

I just updated to the latest version; however, the problem still
exists. In fact, I have never been able to get the dam akonadi program
to start. I have no idea why there is no way to permanently disable it
use. It is/was a lousy idea on the part of the KDE team to implement
this piece of crap. There are numerous postings regarding the failure
of this program to work correctly on a multitude of systems.

Filing bug reports has proved futile.

--
Jerry ✌
KDE-FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net