[kde-freebsd] Kontact issues after upgrade

Joe Kraft jvk-list at thekrafts.org
Sun Sep 5 01:59:59 CEST 2010

I recently upgraded a woefully old system (FBSD 7.1, KDE 3.??) to FBSD 7.3,
KDE 4.3; and then again to FBSD 8.1, KDE 4.4.5.

I'm having problems getting Kontact to work after the upgrade.  I could get
each component part to work in KDE 4.3; but Kontact would lock up at the Tip
of the Day window.

After upgradeing to KDE 4.4.5 I can get all the components but Kmail and
Kontact to work. Same issue with Kontact, and Kmail continually scrolls the
following message:
kmail(56622)/kio (KIOJob) KIO::TransferJob::slotData: mimetype() not emitted
when sending first data!; job URL =
KUrl("imap://hishadow%40thekrafts.org@imap.secureserver.net:143/INBOX/;UID=10304;SECTION=BODY.PEEK[]")
data size = 4481

I'm in the process of rebuilding all 700+ ports again to see if something
didn't work out quite right the first time.  Does anyone know of something
stupid I've likely missed in upgrading?

Joe.