[kde-freebsd] New version of webcamd and cuse4bsd available

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Thu Sep 2 00:29:55 CEST 2010

On 09/01/2010 22:54, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2010 22:13:03 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please find ports patches attached for cuse4bsd and webcamd ports. Please
>> test and report any bugs.
>>
>> News:
>>
>> - Add support for GNU/kFreeBSD
>> - Add support for DBUS/HAL registration
>> - Add support for more DVB tuner frontends
>> - Add support for multi-antenna DVB adapters
>> - Update to latest version of Linux DVB code
>>
>> --HPS
>
> Please find attached new webcamd.diff, fixing a minor problem with HAL
> registration during bootup.
>
> --HPS

About the patches themselves: When I tried to apply the patches from
/usr/ports/multimedia/, the cuse4bsd one tried to patch
/usr/ports/multimedia/Makefile. I applied them from the subdirectories,
but had to specify the location of files/*. Eventually, all hunks applied.

# webcamd -d 0.5 -H
Attached ugen0.5[0] to cuse unit 0
Waiting for HAL USB device.
Waiting for HAL USB device.
# webcamd -d 0.5 -H
Attached ugen0.5[0] to cuse unit 0
Waiting for HAL USB device.
Waiting for HAL USB device.
Waiting for HAL USB device.

This goes on with one line a second. kaffeine still does not know about
my DVB-T stick.

Yesterday, I tried the snv version of webcamd (but not cuse4bsd at that
time). It did not print the lines: "Waiting for HAL USB device." Anyhow,
kaffeine did not work and I verified with lshal that webcamd did not
change anything in hal.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik