[kde-freebsd] Re: patch needed for Xsession

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:30:57 CEST 2010

At Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:48:40 -0600,
M. Warner Losh wrote:
>   On 10/27/2010 18:50, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > At Wed, 27 Oct 2010 18:23:57 -0600,
> > M. Warner Losh wrote:

> >> No.  -p is $0 for the builtin command expect.
> > Wait, I thought we were talking about export, not expect (I don't see
> > expect mentioned in genkdmconfig's source code).
> I mistyped.  It is export.

I think I've got a little confused here.

In the case we're talking about, /bin/sh is expanding $SHELL to
*/{csh,tcsh}. If I run /bin/tcsh or /bin/csh by hand here, I cannot
run 'export' because it does not seem to be a valid builtin; if I run
/bin/sh, I can 'export' and indeed its output is different from
'export -p', while they are identical in bash.

Do you know if (t)csh has no 'export' builtin and if /bin/sh should
really be identified as either of them?