[kde-freebsd] Re: QFilesSystemWatcher instead of polling/FAM

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Wed Oct 6 11:11:49 CEST 2010

On 01/-10/-28163 20:59, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:35:02 +0200, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

>>> Should we use you latest patches you've sent to the list, or you have
>>> updated ones?
>>
>> The latest patches I sent to the list. Someone ported them to KDE 4.5.
>> In any case, I've attached the patches I've been using.
>
> Thanks! I've just committed the patches with update to 4.5.2

Does this mean PollInterval=5000 under [DirWatch] in
~/.kde4/share/config/kdedrc to prevent kinit from consuming too much CPU
is superfluous now or is that something entirely different?

In the first case, should that option be removed from all profiles or is
it just ignored now?

(I currently cannot really test for the effect, because the system I am
using right now is too fast and my Atom based system has rather outdated
ports.)

Thanks,
Jan Henrik