[kde-freebsd] Annoying Dolphin/HAL problem

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Tue Nov 30 22:10:08 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm using KDE 4.5.3 on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE. Lately, when I use Dolphin to
mount removable media (cdrom, USB drive, etc.) I can't unmount the media
without closing all instances of Dolphin first. Unless I do, HAL reports that
the unmount failed as the device was busy.

org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure: umount: unmount of
media/disk failed: Device busy

I've also attached a screenshot from the device notifier.

The thing is: None of the files are in use. I usually even close the Dolphin
window looking at the directory before trying to unmount the device.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
DMK