[kde-freebsd] amarok and audio cd

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 30 14:20:37 CET 2010

I very rarely use Audio CDs on my PCs, but had to do that earlier today.
It seems that KDE (I have 4.5.3) gets confused about Audio CDs somehow.
E.g. dolphin shows audio tracks and various sub-folders for transcoded
representations, but "preview playing" in dolphin doesn't do anything.
amarok on the other hand show zero track count for the CD and thus can't play it
back either.

Software that is not integrated into KDE is able to play the CD without any
problems, e.g. audacious.

So, I wonder if this is my local problem, or a KDE/FreeBSD problem or a general
KDE problem.  Can anyone reproduce the issue?
What things could/should I look at additionally?

Thanks!
--
Andriy Gapon