[kde-freebsd] Unable to start KDE4

Jerry kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Thu May 13 13:21:07 CEST 2010

2010/5/13 Terry Poulin <bigboss1964 at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:05, Jerry <kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:
>>
>> I just did a fresh install of KDE4 on a FreeBSD-8/amd64 machine. I am
>> unable to locate the "startkde" program. I believe the command to
>> start KDE4 was: "exec /usr/local/kde4/bin/startkde". In any case, I
>> cannot find the program. Has the method of starting KDE4 been changed
>> since the recent update?

> Afaik x11/kdebase4-workspace contains a startkde and startkde4 script. For
> best results, you should likely use $PREFIX/bin/startkde4.

That is the problem. There is no "startkde4' script on my PC. Believe
me, I did a complete search for it, including using "find" and it was
just not installed. Now I am trying to figure out what I have to
reinstall to get it installed. I originally installed the "KDE4" meta
port so I has assumed that everything would be done up nicely.

--
Jerry
FreeBSD-Ports.user at seibercom.net