[kde-freebsd] ALSA issues coming up

Hannes list_kde-freebsd at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Tue Mar 9 00:31:14 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I am just building 4.4.1 and realized that there are incompatibilites
with the experimental alsa-compatibility[1], that in turn is required
for the experimental chromium-builds [2].

To be more precise, cmake picks up alsa and then starts building KDE
with alsa-stuff which fails, because apperently the alsa-compatibility
isn't full. Also it wouldn't be desireable for KDE to use that in any
case, I think.

I am not sure, when the alsa-ports are supposed to become official, but
I just thought I would let you know, so you can smooth things out
beforehand.

I basically kicked out "find_package(Alsa)" in some CMakeLists.txt and
removed "#include <alsa-config.h>" from the files that complained, but I
am sure there is some elegant CMake-voodoo for doing it without patches.

Regards,
Hannes

[1] http://chromium.jaggeri.com/alsaport.tar.gz
[2] http://chromium.jaggeri.com/ http://wiki.freebsd.org/Chromium