[kde-freebsd] okular doesn't open PDFs

tom at diogunix.com tom at diogunix.com
Fri Mar 5 14:27:55 CET 2010

Helly everybody,

using FreeBSD 7.2 with recently compiled KDE 4.3.5 (from the ports
collection). I ran into various issues. One of these is:

Okular doesn't open pdf files. It says something about not found plugins (from
which I guess it means poppler). I already checked whether poppler was
compiled/installed too. Yes, it was - but nonetheless I cannot find any options
within the Okular settings to make Okular use poppler. The only "backend"
available there is ghostscript. I guess there must be a place where I could
tie the two ends of the rope together. But cannot find that place.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
Tom