[kde-freebsd] koffice 2.2 - Krita

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 24 15:21:03 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM, ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I installed Koffice 2.2. I like to use Krita but on all versions of Koffice
> for KDE on FreeBSD was unuseful because is so slow. It is the same with the
> last version of Koffice on FreeBSD. I asked in the KDE forum and I got the
> answer:
>  http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f...82526&start=15
>
>  BTW: KDE 4.4 is also slower than KDE on Linux.

i understand the problem, and i'll eventually try to check it out (in
the next months), but in my experience krita is definitely usable (it
takes 5 seconds to startup and open a picture, not 30)

and i'm not on a very powerful pc:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU      T2300  @ 1.66GHz (1662.51-MHz 686-class CPU)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla