[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/KDE/sysutils/kdeadmin4/files

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 15 09:52:44 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 09:34:16 Alberto Villa wrote:
> SVN commit 6303 by xzhayon:
>
> - Correctly find the gateway using sockets. It's a bit C-ish, but it's
>   the right way to do it.

rakuco: could you please have a look at
sysutils/kdeadmin4/files/patch-knetworkconf-* and see if they're in
good enough shape to be sent upstream? i've not spent too much
time on them, since knetworkconf is highly unmaintained, but they
seem to make it work on freebsd almost as bad as on linux at least :)
and who knows: maybe one day it will be reworked... in that case, our
bits will be already in

this last patch is completely C, but i had problems with
QAbstractSocket never being ready to make me read from it, and all
the buffer stuff was just simpler that way (and the route interface
doesn't show up: that's a problem in the application itself)... but feel
free to comment!

ah, is anyone aware of how to see if inet6 was built into the kernel?
as far as i understand, the inet6 symbols i've used *should* be
defined anyway, but i'll try to test it somewhere
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Children's talent to endure stems from their ignorance of alternatives.
		-- Maya Angelou, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"