[kde-freebsd] libassuan updated

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 14 02:56:40 CEST 2010

Since the freeze is coming up shortly I couldn't wait any longer, so FYI.

Feel free to update your individual ports to libassuan 2.x at your convenience. I'm not sure what a reasonable "time limit" on this is, but I really don't want to keep libassuan 1.x in the tree forever.  :)

ale,

This may be the first you've heard of this since I was relying on INDEX previously to tell me what ports depended on libassuan and opensc has a conditional dependency that I didn't see until I grep'ed the tree. Apologies if this comes as a surprise.

Jun,

AFAICS you haven't responded to any of my private mail in weeks so I'm going to take your silence as tacit approval for updating gnupg to 2.0.15 in time to get it into 8.1-RELEASE.

Regards,

Doug

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: cvs commit: ports UPDATING ports/deskutils/kdepim4 Makefile         ports/security Makefile ports/security/dirmngr Makefile         ports/security/gnupg Makefile ports/security/gpa Makefile         ports/security/libassuan Makefile distinfo pkg-descr ...
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 00:42:52 +0000 (UTC)
From: Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org>
To: ports-committers at FreeBSD.org, cvs-ports at FreeBSD.org, cvs-all at FreeBSD.org

dougb       2010-06-14 00:42:52 UTC

   FreeBSD ports repository

   Modified files:
     .                    UPDATING
     deskutils/kdepim4    Makefile
     security             Makefile
     security/dirmngr     Makefile
     security/gnupg       Makefile
     security/gpa         Makefile
     security/libassuan   Makefile distinfo pkg-descr
     security/opensc      Makefile
   Added files:
     security/libassuan-1 Makefile distinfo pkg-descr
   Log:
   Update security/libassuan to version 2.0.0, which is required by gnupg 2.0.15

   Unfortunately version 2.0.0 is largely incompatible with version 1.x, so it
   is necessary to have a stopgap measure while ports that depend on libassuan
   can be updated. In conversation with the maintainers of the dependent ports
   it was originally considered ideal to prepare updates for the ports first,
   then upgrade everything to libassuan 2.x en masse. Since no action has
   arisen on that front, go with plan B:

   Copy security/libassuan to security/libassuan-1, and update the dependent
   ports accordingly. Because this is (intended to be) a _temporary_ measure,
   and because no updates for libassuan 1.x are anticipated, and because the
   hope is that it can be removed sooner rather than later, it's a copy instead
   of a repocopy.

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.943     +24 -1     ports/UPDATING
   1.111     +2 -2      ports/deskutils/kdepim4/Makefile
   1.1113    +1 -0      ports/security/Makefile
   1.42      +2 -2      ports/security/dirmngr/Makefile
   1.126     +2 -2      ports/security/gnupg/Makefile
   1.40      +2 -2      ports/security/gpa/Makefile
   1.1       +41 -0     ports/security/libassuan-1/Makefile (new)
   1.1       +6 -0      ports/security/libassuan-1/distinfo (new)
   1.1       +2 -0      ports/security/libassuan-1/pkg-descr (new)
   1.16      +8 -6      ports/security/libassuan/Makefile
   1.13      +6 -6      ports/security/libassuan/distinfo
   1.2       +1 -2      ports/security/libassuan/pkg-descr
   1.42      +2 -1      ports/security/opensc/Makefile

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/UPDATING.diff?&r1=1.942&r2=1.943&f=h
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/deskutils/kdepim4/Makefile.diff?&r1=1.110&r2=1.111&f=h
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/Makefile.diff?&r1=1.1112&r2=1.1113&f=h
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/dirmngr/Makefile.diff?&r1=1.41&r2=1.42&f=h