[kde-freebsd] Error code 1

Gamal Makki g_makki at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 01:42:12 CEST 2010

hello freebsd support team

I'm new comer to freebsd ,
I setup freebsd 8.0 release to my IBM thinkCentre machine ,
then I obtain my port collection using CVSup method ,
after configuring my ports-supfile , I run the implemented protocol #csup -L 2 /root/ports-supfile  , to obtain ports,
then after installing x11 and playing with it for some time ,  I select to install kde4 desktop , but here for many time my ISP provider had disturbed the adsl connection , which force me to repeat the #make install clean for many times , now after the connection get to be stable , my installation end with this error:

Stop in /usr/ports/*
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kde4.
*** Error code 1

while a lot of files had been downloaded and copied to the machine, the result that the kde4 hadn't been installed. and repeating the #make install clean. command doesn't solve the problem . no way to use #pkg_delete kde4* , cos #pkg_info . doesn't list the KDE4

my question is do I have to repeat the whole process of the freebsd installation from the beginning , what the meaning of this ( Error code 1  ) message ? does if help to solve this problem another way ,

with my best regards

your answer will straiten me to the best way of learning FreeBSD ,

thanks

Gamal awad