[kde-freebsd] "power_profile: changed to 'performance'"

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Sat Jul 24 21:51:18 CEST 2010

Noob mode: how can I get rid of the message in the subject line?

Full story.
I have a desktop FreeBSD machine with KDE 4 as desktop environment.
I did something with it, not exactly sure what, and I started to get the message
in subject log in my /var/log/messages.  The messages appears each time I switch
back to my KDE session after switching out to another virtual terminal, no
matter if it's a "console" or other X terminal.
Suspected actions: upgrade of KDE from 4.4.4 to 4.4.5; some change in KDE
configuration via "control center" GUI.  The latter is more probable, because I
run another KDE session on the same machine under a different acccount, and
switching to that session doesn't cause the message to appear.

The message is produced by /etc/rc.d/power_profile script.
As I've said, this is a desktop machine, there is no acad driver attachment, and
I've verified that the script is not executed by devd.
Instead, it seems that the script is executed by hald.  And it seems that hald
executes it because of a request that comes to it via dbus.  I suspect that some
component of KDE (PowerDevil?) sends the request.

Thus, I come to you with this question.
Thank you very much for any help/ideas on this.

--
Andriy Gapon