[kde-freebsd] No sound when starting KDE

Jerry kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Fri Jul 23 16:32:36 CEST 2010

Platform Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)
FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE / amd64

There are no sounds or sound notifications when I start KDE as a
regular users; however, if I start it as a privileged user, the sound
system (sometimes) works. I can use MPlayer, etc successfully no matter
how I KDE. I have not been able to find the source of the problem.
Nothing appears in the system or Xorg log file concerning this
phenomena. Where is the KDE log file, if there is one, located? Does
anyone have a possible solution to this problem?

Thanks!

--
Jerry ✌
KDE-FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net