[kde-freebsd] QSslSocket and security/openssl - apparent loader error

fwaggle fwagglechop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 20:51:16 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I've had an issue with a current (as of yesterday) ports tree with
QT4.6.3 and OpenSSL built from ports (1.0.0a).

Regardless of how I link my app or QT when building, QT's runtime
loader/linker (I'm not sure of the correct terminology) seems to prefer
/usr/lib/libssl.so instead of any particular version or
/usr/local/lib/libssl.so... so it'll still load the base library instead
of the ports one at runtime regardless of whether the port or app was
linked to the ports OpenSSL. This results in some pretty spectacular
failures. :)

Renaming /usr/lib/libssl.so seems to fix the issue, and doesn't appear
to break anything else... but I'm wondering if this is something that
could/should be fixed in QT.

Thanks for your time.

--
fwaggle