[kde-freebsd] How to kill process if X is frozen during fancy KDE4 windows effects?

Mina R Waheeb syncer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 03:25:00 CEST 2010

This sounds like new HD vega cards, I think you need to track the logs. or
provide any information that maybe could help to identify the problem. I had
almost the same problem with my ATI HD card, with the latest update of XORG
and -CURRENT it just working fine (with visual effects enabled). In most of
the cases happended to me the vega card totally hang the mouse still move
but it not responding to repaint anything so you can't event switch to
terminal. so if you have some luck hit the power button and wait the machine
to shutdown or just disable the visual effects :)

Regards,
Mina R Waheeb