[kde-freebsd] Akonadi still fails to start

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 23:04:41 CEST 2010

On Thursday 01 July 2010 13:07:19 Jerry wrote:
> I have spent a month, on and off, attempting to get this to work
> without success. The 'akonadi server' crashes every time I start KDE4.
> The Akonadi Server Self-Test Report follows. In particular, numbers: 6,
> 7 and 11 always fail although I can not fathom why. An
> "akonadiserver.core" file is created although I am not sure how I could
> use it to gather any useful information.
>

> Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
> ===============================
>
> Test 1:  SUCCESS
> --------
>
> Database driver found.
> Details: The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi
> server configuration and was found on your system.
>
> File content of '/home/gerard/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc':
> [%General]
> Driver=QMYSQL
> SizeThreshold=4096
> ExternalPayload=false
>
> [QMYSQL]
> Name=akonadi
> Host=localhost
> User=gerard
> Password=blacktop
> Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/gerard/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket
> " ServerPath=/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe
> StartServer=false
>
> [QPSQL]
> Name=akonadi
> Host=
> User=
> Password=
> Port=5432
>

> Test 2:  SKIP
> --------
>
> MySQL server executable not tested.
> Details: The current configuration does not require an internal MySQL
> server.
>
> Test 3:  SKIP
> --------
>
> MySQL server error log not tested.
> Details: The current configuration does not require an internal MySQL
> server.
>
> Test 4:  SKIP
> --------
>
> MySQL server configuration not tested.
> Details: The current configuration does not require an internal MySQL
> server.
>
> Test 5:  SUCCESS
> --------
>
> akonadictl found and usable
> Details: The program '/usr/local/kde4/bin/akonadictl' to control the
> Akonadi server was found and could be executed successfully. Result:
> Akonadi 1.3.1
>

> Test 6:  ERROR
> --------
>
> Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus.
> Details: The Akonadi control process is not registered at D-Bus which
> typically means it was not started or encountered a fatal error during
> startup.
>
> Test 7:  ERROR
> --------
>
> Akonadi server process not registered at D-Bus.
> Details: The Akonadi server process is not registered at D-Bus which
> [...]

Well, I've spoken to the Akonadi guys on IRC, and they said the best thing to
do in this case is to file a new bug report via https://bugs.kde.org with the
results of this self test. You could also include the output of akonadictl
start.

Jerry and others who are having woes with Akonadi+MySQL, can you guys please
do that? I think it'll be better than if we stay here trying to find out
what's wrong.