[kde-freebsd] Akonadi still fails to start

Jerry kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Sat Jul 3 12:00:11 CEST 2010

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:21:02 +1100
Dima Panov <fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru> articulated:

> On Saturday 03 July 2010 04:02:49 Jerry wrote:
> > On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:27:04 -0500
> > Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> articulated:
> >

> > > Oh well, I think I'm as broken as you.  Akonadi core dumped.
> >
> > I would like to know if someone actually has this working on a
> > FreeBSD-8x amd64 system. So far, I have not located anyone and I did
> > some checking on other forums.
> >

> Works fine for me. FreeBSD-9.0-current/amd64, both well kde44 and kde45

FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE amd64 here.

1) Do you have MySQL running prior to the starting of KDE?

I have MySQL running prior to the startup of KDE since it is required
by Postfix, Dovecot and several other daemons.

2) The following two entries in '/etc/rc.conf'
	dbus_enable="YES"
	hald_enable="YES"

3) For some reason, I am not sure why, I have two entries for 'dbus' in
the /var/tmp directory. They are not created until KDE is started:
	srwxrwxrwx   1 gerard  wheel     0B Jul  1 11:56 dbus-MBRCYb6OVP=
        srwxrwxrwx   1 gerard  wheel     0B Jul  1 11:56 dbus-gCStsPbcmk=

--
Jerry ✌
KDE-FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net