[kde-freebsd] amarok-kde4 dies at start-up

Dima Panov fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru
Sat Jul 3 03:23:12 CEST 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 06:08:44 Mikhail T. wrote:
> 01.07.2010 15:45, Matt ???????(??):
> > Please try starting Amarok with the "--debug --nofork" options set.
> > You will need to do this twice in a row for the debug flag to truly
> > become active.  Please forward the resulting console output.
> >
> Alexandra just responded with this information.
> > At one time I remember Amarok had a problem with using InnoDB tables
> > for the embedded MySQL connection.  Not sure if that is still the case
> > though.
> >
> How can this be fixed/worked around for a user of "vanilla" KDE-4.4.5
> installation? Can the table-type be changed through settings somewhere,
> for example?

As solution you may use external mysql database.
It was best solution for me for amarok and akonady when i've catch same problems with
embedded mysql storages.

--
Dima "Red Fox" Panov @ Home | C73E 2B72 1FFD 61BD E206 1234 A626 76ED 93E3 B018
Khabarovsk, Russia          | 2D30 2CCB 9984 130C 6F87 BAFC FB8B A09D D539 8F29