[kde-freebsd] problems with Policykit in KDE4.3 on Freebsd 8 amd64

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 1 22:48:38 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Mark Moellering <mark at msen.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  Is there a newer kde4 package or do I have to
> compile it?  I have compiled it before and it is a very long process...
> (even on a quad core machine)

yes, there are packages for kde 4.4.4 in the 8-stable repository (to
change repository, use something like
`PACKAGESITE=ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8-stable/Latest/
pkg_add -r kde4`), but they don't have the fix. you have to wait for
4.4.5 packages, or to build from the ports (you will also get some
options for optional dependencies)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla