[kde-freebsd] Problems to install Kde4 dependent files

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Mon Jan 25 22:24:38 CET 2010

> By the way, I did a "portsnap fetch extract" and a "portupgrade -f
> /usr/ports/x11/kde4" before I decided to email you about this problem.

That was a good first step but not quite enough. You need to ensure
*all* your ports are up to date, not just KDE. What you want to run is
"portupgrade -a". There is no need for the "-f" (force) flag as all that
does is force a re-build of ports that are already up to date.

In your case, the installed packages are very old (you have Qt 4.4.3
while the current version is 4.6.1). Unfortunately, there is a good
chance some things will have changed in the meantime that will make
"portupgrade -a" fail. You will have to resolve those manually and run
portupgrade again until everything is up to date.

Remember to read /usr/ports/UPDATING which lists the ports that are
known to require manual intervention.

- Bartosz