[kde-freebsd] Fixing KDE4's FAM support

Markus Brüffer markus at brueffer.de
Wed Jan 6 18:46:26 CET 2010

Hi,

here is a patch that should finally fix KDE4's FAM support. I would like it to have some wider testing before I commit it to the port and send it upstream:

http://people.freebsd.org/~markus/kdelibs4.diff

If you are brave enough to test it, do the following:

# cd ${PORTSDIR}/x11
# patch -p0 < /path/to/kdelibs4.diff
# rm kdelibs4/files/*.orig

After this, reinstall kdelibs4. If gamin (default) is used as FAM system, this results in lowered CPU-utilization as the system doesn't have to poll for changed files periodically (gamin uses kqueue(2) by default).

The patch is against the latest x11/kdelibs4 port. Please let me know of any regressions.

Thanks,

Markus